Hartford Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Successfully Resolving Spinal Cord Injury Cases in Connecticut for 15+ Years
Contact The Law Office of Michael L. Chambers, Jr. today for help.
Hartford Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
If you or a person you love has suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident that someone else’s negligence caused, Hartford spinal cord injury lawyer Michael L. Chambers, Jr. is ready to help. We can assist you by investigating the cause of your accident and filing a claim or lawsuit on your behalf with the at-fault person’s insurance company. We can also assist you with pursuing the monetary compensation that you deserve for your spinal cord injury.
Please call us today to find out more about how we could assist you with pursuing compensation in your spinal cord injury case.
What Is a Spinal Cord Injury, and What Are the Potential Consequences of Sustaining One?
These injuries can permanently impact a person’s senses (including the ability to touch or feel) and strength levels. If the accident victim suffers a full or partial paralysis injury, he or she might lose the ability to function in any area of the body that is below the affected area.
Complete spinal cord injuries occur when a person loses all sensory abilities and motor functions below the injured area. A person who suffers an incomplete spinal cord injury, on the other hand, might retain some ability to feel or sense below the injured area.
Some common signs and symptoms that are associated with spinal cord injuries include:
- Loss of the ability to move
- Inability to feel hot and cold in the affected areas
- Loss of the ability to control one’s bladder or bowels
- Changes in fertility and/or the ability to function sexually
- Unusual spasm or reflex activity
- Difficulty breathing
- Pain in and around the affected area(s)
If you have suffered a complete or incomplete spinal cord injury in an accident that resulted from someone else’s negligence, you need knowledgeable legal counsel on your side representing you. Attorney Michael L. Chambers, Jr. is ready to represent you in your accident case and zealously pursue a favorable settlement offer, jury verdict, or arbitration award on your behalf.
How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Occur?
Spinal cord injuries can happen in a variety of accidents where the accident victim suffers an injury to his or her head, neck, or back.
Some common examples of accidents where individuals can suffer a spinal cord injury include:
- Motor vehicle collisions where the accident victim’s head and neck suffer trauma—or where the impact ejects the accident victim from the car.
- Slip and fall accidents where an accident victim falls to the ground and strikes his or her neck/back
- Pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, and motorcycle accidents where the accident victim falls to the ground and lands on his or her head/back/neck
If you or a person you love has suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident that occurred because someone else behaved carelessly or recklessly, then you may be entitled to monetary compensation. An attorney can meet with you to evaluate your case and determine your eligibility for monetary compensation and damages.
Filing a Legal Claim Arising from a Spinal Cord Injury
Potential monetary compensation in a spinal cord injury case could include damages for medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, emotional distress, inconvenience, loss of earning capacity, loss of the ability to use a body part (such as from a paralysis injury), and loss of enjoyment of life due to the spinal cord injury.
When workers suffer a spinal cord injury while they are on the job—and while performing a job-related duty—the worker could be able to bring a workers’ compensation claim with his/her employer’s insurance company.
As part of a workers’ compensation claim that involves a spinal cord or paralysis injury, the law may entitle the accident victim to recover various benefits, including:
- Compensation for all causally related medical expenses
- Compensation for a portion of the accident victim’s lost wages
- Compensation for permanency
- Vocational rehabilitation and training, in the event the worker cannot return to the same job or occupation after his or her accident
An experienced Hartford spinal cord injury lawyer can help you file the appropriate insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit that will help you to maximize the monetary benefits and compensation that you can recover from your spinal cord injury. Our law firm can protect your rights as a spinal cord injury victim following your accident and injury.